2) When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Pixgrade’ it is because that is who we are and we own and run the Webshops.
The type of personal information we collect
5) The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, email addresses, contact details, IP-addresses and web analytics data which cannot be traced back to a person.
A. We collect the following personal information about our customers who buy for personal use on our Webshops:
- Email address
B. We collect the following personal information about customers who buy as a company on our Webshops:
- Email address
- VAT Number
C. We collect fhe following data from our email subscribers
- Email address
D. We collect the following data from our visitors and buyers:
IP-addresses and web analytics data from our visitors who have accepttracking cookies. This data will be protected and encrypted which means that they cannot be traced back to a person.
Why we collect personal information
6) Your personal data will be processed by Pixgrade for the following purposes:
a. To become a member of Pixgrade;
b. Preparing the invoice;
c. To fulfil a contract;
d. Sending newsletters, invitations, surveys, offers, promotional materials (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us).
How we collect personal information
7) We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and/or buy items on our Webshops, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
9) We will use your personal information:
9.a. To fulfil a contract (purchase contract), or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Webshops, like where you purchase an item from our Shop.
9.b. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include:
a. operating the Webshops;
b. providing you with services described on the Webshops;
c. verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Webshops;
responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
d. updating you with operational news and information about our Webshops and services e.g. to notify you about changes to ourWebshops, website disruptions or security updates;
e. carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Webshops and services we provide;
f. monitoring activity on the Webshops, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Webshops;
g. managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Webshops or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
h. managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
i. training Pixgrade’s staff about how to best serve our user community;
j. improving our products and services;
k. providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
Where you do not have to give us consent to collect your information
10) When using the website you do not have to give us consent to collect your information for the following purposes:
a. For Technical and tracking cookies, which not include your personal data;
b. For purposes that are required by law;
c. For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
11) We will only share your information with others if this is necessary for our services or if we are required to do so. We then adhere to the rules that apply to the sharing of personal data. We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
a. if applicable, Pixgrade’s staff so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in;
b. subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in The Netherlands, technical and customer support services which are located in The Netherlands, security and fraud prevention services which are located in The Netherlands;
c. our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in The Netherlands;
d. regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
e. a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
f. a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
g. a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
h. a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
i. other recipients where we are authorised or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
12) We are based in The Netherlands so your data will be processed in The Netherlands.
We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
13) We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by our service providers and us, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in The Netherlands. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
a. We ensure that your data is protected during every transmission by means of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, with which the data you provide is encrypted.
b. It is important that you take measures to prevent unauthorized access to your password and your computers, devices and apps. Be sure to log out if you no longer use a computer that you share with others.
How you can access your personal information
14) You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. There you can find the information you gave us. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. If you want to have fully acces to the information we have stored about you please send an email with your account details to: email@example.com.
Your rights regarding your data
15) You have the right to control, rectify or delete the personal data that we have from you. You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part of it) by us.
17) Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
18) You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Webshops may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
19) When you visit our Webshops, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
a. your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
b. the domain name you requested;
c. the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
d. the date and time of your visit to the website;
e. the length of your session;
f. the pages which you have accessed;
g. the number of times you access our site within any month;
h. the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
i. the website which referred you to our Sites;
j. the operating system which your computer uses; and
k. the technical capabilities of your web browser.
How long we keep your personal information
21) We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. The personal data described above is stored for as long as necessary to process your order. We store data for a maximum of three years for the statistical purposes described. After these 3 years the data will be deleted, unless there is a legal obligation that requires longer storage, such as the tax retention obligation of seven years for payment data.
22) If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us about this. You always have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority, which is the privacy supervisory authority.
23) If you have any questions or comments as a result of our privacy statement, please contact us to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How you can contact us
25) If you have any complaints about how Pixgrade handles your privacy or questions about our privacy practices, or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our privacy department by sending an email to: email@example.com